The TCM Action Forums have become a central source for convening and informing local stakeholders. The topics and speakers have been carefully selected and are helping to bring focus to key issues facing our children and families. Here is a summary of past Action Forum dates, topics, presentations and presenters. Contact email@example.com with any questions or suggestions.
2017 - 2018 Action Forums
Action Forum Date Title and Topic Presenter
Kendra Rogers, Children Now
Mary Louise Frampton
Tia Martinez, Forward Change
Brenna Hughes, Community Medical Center
Choosing Our Future: How can we Transform our School System to Truly Prepare Students for a Life of Well-Being? Video
Diego Arambula, GO Public Schools Fresno
Reducing Preterm Birth: How Can We Influence Change for a Healthier Community? - PPT
Sandra Flores, Preterm Birth Initiative Fresno
How Children who have had Everything Taken Away are Getting a Second Chance at a New Life: The Courts Response to Human Trafficking in Fresno County. - PPT
Hon. Kimberly Nystrom-Geist
How Can We Use Real Time Data to Better Develop Prevention Strategies? Leveraging the Fresno PD Chaplaincy to Help Children in Need. - PPT
Rodney Lowery, Fresno Police Chaplaincy
Can We Really Talk? Cultivating a “Psychological Safe Place” to Have an Interracial Conversation About Race and Racism. - PPT
Edwin Javius, EDEquity Inc.
“Suicide Prevention Collaborative and other topics related to behavioral and mental health" - PPT
Dawan Utecht, Director of Behavioral Health and Public Guardian, Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health
The Children's Movement of Fresno is a trusted and reliable source of information in our community. Monitoring the wide range of issues that affect Fresno County’s children and families, and making that information readily available on a regular basis is an important component of our work. Our Children This Week (OCTW) will provide access to local, state and national news and policy information as well as meeting agendas for local decision making bodies. All this, each week, directly to your inbox.
Please note, TCM is not taking a position on the merits of specific stories or legislation. The intent is to keep our child advocacy partners up-to-date on important news, public policy efforts and agenda items.
Questions, concerns or suggestions?
Please email the Editor of Our Children This Week - firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 20, 2017 - pilot issue
- October 23, 2017 - volume 1, issue 1
- October 30, 2017 - volume 1, issue 2
- November 6, 2017 - volume 1, issue 3
- November 13, 2017 - volume 1, issue 4
- November 20, 2017 - volume 1, issue 5
- November 27, 2017 - volume 1, issue 6
- December 4, 2017 - volume 1, issue 7
- December 11, 2017 - volume 1, issue 8
- December 18, 2017 - volume 1, issue 9
- January 8, 2018 - volume 2, issue 1
- January 15, 2018 - volume 2, issue 2
- January 22, 2018 - volume 2, issue 3
- January 29, 2018 - volume 2, issue 4
- February 5, 2018 - volume 2, issue 5
- February 12, 2018 - volume 2, issue 6
- February 19, 2018 - volume 2, issue 7
- February 26, 2018 - volume 2, issue 8
Erica Ybarra published Fresno County Childcare Subsidy Pilot (AB 258) in Blog 2017-07-23 21:03:33 -0700
The Fresno County Childcare Subsidy Pilot (or AB 258) would authorize Fresno County to develop and implement an individualized county child care subsidy plan. Like similar pilot projects before, AB 258 would give Fresno County limited local flexibility to maximize allocated funding and efficiently use child care subsidy funds in order to meet local conditions.
Without taking funds from other counties, or increasing state costs, the Pilot will permit waivers of specific state rules:
1) family eligibility criteria,Read more
2) family fees,
3) reimbursement rates,
4) and methods of maximizing the efficient use of subsidy funds.